Today I’m sharing a card of a greedy bear trying to steal some honey from the hard-working bees! I thought Mama Elephant “FBA-Bear” dies would pair perfectly with Hello Bluebird “Bee Happy” stamp set 🙂
First, I stamped the bees on some Bristol paper using Versafine Onyx black ink. I colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and fussy cut them. I added Wink Of Stella to the wings and some highlights with a white gel pen. I also used Glossy Accents on the glasses of one of the bees.
Next, I used Mama Elephant dies to die cut the bear. I used Canson Mi-Teintes paper for the body, kraft cardstock for the muzzle, and pink cardstock for the ears. For the paws I used “FBA-Monkey” dies.
For the cloudy background, I inked a piece of Bristol paper using Salty Ocean Distress ink and MFT “Cloud” stencil. Next, I blended Wild Honey Distress Ink and Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide Ink on a Bristol paper panel and used a die from Lawn Fawn “Stitched Oval Stackables” dies to cut a window. Then, I stamped the hexagons using the same Spiced Marmalade ink. The sentiment was white heat embossed on a thin stripe of black cardstock.
Last, I assembled everything. I adhered the cloudy panel to a card base and the hive panel to that, using foam tape. I glued the bear tucking him behind the oval window. I added Glossy Accents to his eyes and nose and, once it was dried, added some highlights with a white gel pen. I adhered the sentiment and the bees to the card using glue and foam tape.
I think this card turned out pretty well and I think it’s really cute! I hope you like it too!!
Today I’m sharing a card using my first Hello Bluebird stamp set. I wanted these bees since the first I saw them and eventually added them to my collection. I love them!! And I think this stamp set is so versatile, with cute critters, beautiful flowers, and geometric shapes.
First, I stamped the images on Bristol paper using Versafine Onyx black ink and colored them with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. Next, I fussy cut everything. I blended Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar Distress Inks on the background panel and then splattered some water and dried it with a paper towel after a few seconds. Next, I spritzed some Perfect Pearls mixed with water and also added some flicks of Salty Ocean and Worn Lipstick. I stamped the sentiment “just bee-cause” using Lawn Fawn Fish Tank ink.
I used Lawn Fawn “Slide On Over” dies to make the slider mechanism for me little bee. I used foam tape to adhere the panel to a card base, using a cent coin and a little piece of double foam tape to make my bee fly through the slider track. Then, I added a white frame die cut using Mama Elephant “Madison Avenue” dies. Next, I glued the flowers to the background, tucking them behind the frame. As a final touch, I added Glossy Accents to the honey jar and Wink of Stella to the wings.
I love how this turned out! I hope you like it too! Here you have a short video of the bee flying from flower to flower 🙂
Today I’m sharing a card featuring Avery Elle “Band Camp” stamps and dies. I love the images in this set, the animals playing their instruments are so cute!!
First I stamped the images on Bristol paper using Versafine Onyx black ink and colored everything with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I used coordinating dies to die cut the images. I stamped the sentiment on the turtle’s banner using Lawn Fawn Narwhal ink. I had to stamp and color the turtle twice because my cat Grumpy stole it from my desk and tore it apart. Has this ever happen to you? Do your pets play with your supplies or your projects? I try to tidy up my desk every time I use it to minimize the risk, but the cats always find a way to steal something! They especially love ink blending foams. Luckily, I know that if I miss them I can find them under the couch 😀
For the background, I blended Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on a piece of Bristol paper. Next, I used Mama Elephant “Birch Trees” dies on a piece of white cardstock to add some trees to my scene. I used Lawn Fawn “Puffy Cloud Borders” dies for the treetops, inking the die cut piece with Evergreen Bough Distress Ink. For the grass, I used Lawn Fawn “Grassy Hillside Borders” and “Grassy Border” dies, inking the panels with Mowed Lawn and Twisted Citron Distress Inks. Finally, I glued everything together using foam tape for the front grass, the treetops, and the critters.