It’s been a while since last post! It’s been very busy here. We got married in November and, although we had a familiar wedding, I had been a little bit busy with the wedding and honeymoon preparations and have not had time for crafting. Actually, today I’m sharing the cards it was supposed to be the invitations, but in the end they have become in thank you cards! That is my fault because it took me ages to choose a beautiful design and when I come up with something I liked, I couldn’t make it on time. I’m a really slow crafter and I’m starting to think mass producing cards is not my thing.
So, let’s move to the cards! I knew I wanted florals for the wedding cards, and I choose Mama Elephant “Brushed florals” because they are soooo pretty! Using my MISTI, I made an oval wreath stamping some of the florals with Distress Inks on a piece of Arches cold pressed watercolor paper. Next, I laid some of the same color I used to stamp the flowers with a water brush and, when it was dry, I added a darker shade. It took me ages, but I enjoyed it so much!
Then, I stamped our names and the date of our wedding using Concord and 9th “Perfectly Penned” stamp set. This calligraphy stamp set is so beautiful! I used my MISTI to stamp it with Versafine onyx black ink on an assembly line style.
I decided to use the computer for the sentiment inside the card. I chose a font which matches the outside of the card and printed the sentiment. I made some in Spanish and some in Basque (like the one in the picture). Last, I adhered the front panels to the card bases.
Now, I’d like to talk a little bit about our wedding. We got married after 6 years together. It was a civil ceremony held at San Sebastián City Hall, which is a former casino and is so pretty! We shared this day with our close relatives, 13 people in total, and I’m super grateful to them. Especially to my sister Arantza, who helped me to choose the wedding dress and all the accessories. I don’t know what would I have done without her help! And last, here you have a picture of this beautiful day.
Today I have a wedding card featuring Mama Elephant “Tandem ride” and “Tandem extras” stamps. These were perfect for a couple of friends tha got married some weeks ago, since they usually ride a tandem bike when they’re on holidays.
First, I stamped the images on Bristol paper using Versafine Onyx black ink. By the way, the top hat is the flower pot from “Tandem extras” stamp set. I colored everything with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and fussy cut the images. Then, I die cut the mountains using Lawn Fawn “Stitched mountain borders” dies and inked them with Gathered Twigs Distress ink. For the hills, I used Lawn Fawn “Stitched hillside borders” dies and blended Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress inks. I also blended Dried Marigold Distress ink in the background for the sky. I spritzed some water and dried everything with a paper towel after few seconds for a distress effect.
I adhered everything together and then, as I wanted to be clear this is a wedding card, I added some accessories to the couple. I stamped three flowers using a stamp from Lawn Fawn “Just for you” stamp set with Picked Raspberries Distress ink, and the bow tie from Lawn Fawn “Beep boop birthday” stamp set with black ink, and for the veil I used a piece of white tissue paper.
Last, I glued the front panel to a kraft card base, added the frame die cut using Mama Elephant “Madison Avenue” dies, and stamped the sentiment with Versafine Onyx black ink on the inside of the card.
I think these Mama Elephant stamps are perfect for almost every occasion. In particular, I think they are fantastic for a wedding card like this.
Today I’m sharing a wedding card I made using Altenew “Peony bouquet” stamp set. These flowers are just gorgeous, aren’t they? I think they are perfect for elegant wedding cards.
First, I stamped the flowers and the sentiment (from Mama Elephant “Whale wishes” stamp set) on Arches watercolor paper with Versamark ink and heat embossed them using gold embossing powder. I did some masking to have some leaves and flowers behind the big flower. I wanted to color the flowers in some way to get a pearly effect, so I smushed Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean Distress inks on a laminated paper and mixed the inks with Perfect Pearls. Then I colored everything using these homemade pearlescent watercolors. I love the shiny look, it’s so beautiful!
Then, I added Antique Linen Distress ink around the flowers to give some depth. Finally, I adhered the front panel to a blue card base using double sided tape. As you can see, I made a coordinating envelope stamping the big flower and heat embossing it with gold embossing powder.